1 Lb Spaghetti
¼ C Extra virgin olive oil
¼ C Heavy cream
2 tsp Lemon zest
¼ C Lemon juice
1 Oz Finely grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbs Fresh basil leaves, shredded
2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Co.® of Vermont Persian Adwiya
Salt & pepper
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add 1 Tbs salt & pasta.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until al dente.
- Reserve 1¾ C of the cooking water, drain the pasta in a colander and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in the now empty pot.
- Add shallot and ½ tsp salt. Cook until shallot is softened, about 2 min.
- Whisk 1½ C reserved pasta water & cream into pot; bring to a simmer & cook for 2 min.
- Remove the pot from heat, add in pasta & stir until coated.
- Stir in the remaining 3 Tbs of oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, cheese, Persian Adwiya & ½ tsp pepper.
- Cover & let the pasta stand 2 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Stir in the basil.
- Adjust seasoning if needed & sprinkle with cheese if desired.