2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Co. of Vermont® Quatre Épices
1/3 C Granulated sugar
1 C Unsalted butter
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 C Confectioners Sugar
2 Egg yolks
2 C Flour
- Mix Quatre Épices and granulated sugar in a small bowl.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter.
- Blend in salt, spiced sugar and confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Add 1 egg yolk. Mix for 1 minute.
- Mix in flour until just blended.
- Turn dough onto the counter and knead gently a few times.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into a 9" log. Wrap and cool in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine remaining egg yolk with a splash of water. Brush mixture along log and roll logs into sanding sugar until evenly coated.
- Slice into 1/2" thick rounds, place on baking sheets and bake for 18-20 minutes until cookies are browned around the edges and golden on the bottom. Cool completely.