This dish can be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken, and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
1 ½ Lb Sweet Potato, 1 ½” chunks
1 Lb (Optional) Chicken Breast, cubed
2 Tb Teeny Tiny Spice Co. of Vermont® West African Curry
2 Tb Olive Oil
1 15 Oz Can Coconut Milk
1 C Chicken or Vegetable Broth
Salt to taste
Optional fresh mint, scallions or peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- Cook the spices in the oil for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until spices are blended in well.
- Gently simmer, partially covered, for 20 to 30 minutes. Stir occasionally, until the sweet potato is cooked through.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve alone or over rice.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, mint, or peanuts if desired.